Jorge Sampaoli is on Chivas' radar
Guadalajara have only won one game this season and directors are already thinking about replacing Tena with the Argentinean coach if things don’t improve.
Chivas have won just one game this season - the opening day's meeting with Juarez which they won 2-0. Since then, the team have played out draws against Pachuca, Toluca and Atletico San Luis and lost 3-0 to Tigres on Saturday.
Chivas brought in Ricardo Peleaz as sporting director and made important signings for the new campaign with the hope of being one of the candidates to win the title but results after five games have left a lot to be desired and bosses are unhappy with current manager Luis Fernando Tena. If things don't improve, they will start looking for a replacement.
According to AS Mexico, one of the options that Chivas bosses have on the table is Jorge Sampaoli who has been linked Cruz Azul and America in the past. The Argentinean has been in talks with officials at Guadalajara and is a free agent after leaving Brazilian club Santos.
Sampaoli is currently living in Chile awaiting further contact. Tena meanwhile has to turn Chivas' fortunes around if he wants to remain at the club - and bring home the title if he is to continue next season. On top of the one sole Clausura 2020 victory, Guadalajara were also eliminated from the Copa MX. They host Cruz Azul on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem