Neymar signs "contract" to join David Beckham's Inter Miami
In an interview for a mutual sponsor, the PSG star said he would join Beckham's Inter Miami in 10 years' time... but fans should not get too excited.
Neymar and David Beckham gave an interview in which the Brazilian PSG star appeared to offer his services to the former Manchester United midfielder’s nascent Inter Miami project. However, fans of the new MLS franchise should not get too excited… Neymar intimated that he would consider crossing the pond in 10 years or so.
Ex-England captain Beckham and Neymar share a sponsor in football content provider OTRO, which was responsible for the interview, which was shared by ESPN and swiftly did the rounds on social media. During the chat between the former and current PSG stars, Neymar confessed that he would like to play in MLS one day and referred to Beckham as “my president.”
Neymar to Inter Miami?
“I believe it is a great opportunity for the country to grow its soccer. As I said before, I already have my contract with David. A few years from now, I will be there. We’re in this together. He is my president.”
The exchange was made in a tongue in cheek manner though and Neymar was responding to Beckham’s invitation to sign a blank piece of paper to secure the Brazilian’s services in the future.
“So I’m going to get you to sign a piece of paper. A blank piece of paper. It’s going to be a contract for Miami, for ten years’ time. We’re not going to pay much!” Beckham said.
Neymar is currently sidelined with bruised ribs and missed PSG’s 4-2 victory over Lyon at the weekend but has so far netted 13 times for the Ligue 1 champions this season and provided six assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week