‘Tecatito’ Corona’s goal was voted the best of January in Portuguese league
It was week 16 when Porto defeated Moreirense and the Mexican forward scored two goals that night. One of them was voted the best goal of January.
Jesus Manuel Corona is having a fantastic season with Porto and has played a total of 34 games in all competitions. The man known as 'Tecatito' has provided 17 assists in the current season with the Portuguese club.
On January 10th, Porto visited Moreirense and the home team lost 4-2. In that game Tecatito scored two goals and one of them was chosen as the best of the month in the Portuguese championship.
It was the fourth and final goal of the game for Porto netted in the 85th minute. The Mexican winger hit a perfect volley and the goalkeeper couldn’t do anything to prevent the goal. The club proudly shared footage of the goal via social media on Monday.
Current season for Porto and Tecatito so far
The campaign has not been easy for Porto because they got eliminated from the Champions League after losing to the Russian team, Krasnadar, in the group stage. Currently they are in the Europa League and made it to the round of sixteen where they now have to eliminate Bayern Leverkusen to advance.
In the Portuguese league they sit in second place and last week they defeated the team above them, Benfica, boosting their chances of lifting the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics