Mendy on yellow card alert ahead of El Clásico
The French defender has already accumulated four yellows and may be rested by Zidane for the Celta game with El Clásico looming on March 1st.
Ferland Mendy is proving to be one of the standout players of the 2019-20 LaLiga season with the French international having made the left-back position at Real Madrid his own with Zidane's side only conceding 14 goals with the former Lyon man in the side. So vital is his presence that in his 14 LaLiga games for Real Madrid, the Bernabéu outfit have yet to tase defeat, winning ten and drawing four of the 14.
The French player's importance is premium at present and his four accumulated yellow cards mean that one more caution this week-end or in the following fixture away to Levante would would see Mendy ruled out for the March 1st league fixture as FC Barcelona are the visitors to the Santiago Bernabéu for a Clásico that could go someway in determining the outcome of where the 19-20 league title will end up.
Mendy's predicament is similar to that of Casemiro's going into the December clash at Camp Nou. On that occasion Zidane decided to rest the central player ensuring he was available for the Barcelona match. The French coach, once again faces a similar conundrum in deciding to rest Mendy or risking the possibility of another yellow.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week