Hirving Lozano not with Napoli ahead of Cagliari clash
The Mexican winger didn't train alongside the rest of the team due to an injury, so Genaro Gattusso decided to rest him for tomorrow’s game.
Hirving Lozano is having a hard time adapting to Serie A and he has had little impact with Napoli so far this season. When Carlo Ancelotti was head coach we saw the best of the Mexican winger but he struggled with consistency and since Genaro Gattusso arrived “Chucky” has been relegated to the bench.
The bad news for Lozano continues with the squad announcement on Saturday revealing thathe will not be traveling to play against Cagliari on Sunday. The reason for this is because he has been dealing with a muscle injury all week and hasn’t been training with the rest of the team.
Lozano did not play during the week when Napoli defeated Inter Milan in the first leg of the semi-final of the Coppa Italia for that same reason. So far this campaign Lozano has scored three goals and provided two assists in 23 games. When he was at PSV he scored 40 goals and had 23 assists across 79 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?