Bon Jovi: Bayern players were "sipping whisky" before Chelsea win
Rock star Bon Jovi has claimed to have seen Bayern Munich players drinking whisky in their hotel bar on the night before they beat Chelsea 3-0.
Bayern Munich enjoyed an emphatic away victory against Chelsea on Tuesday night, beating the Blues 3-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to goals from Serge Gnabry (brace) and Robert Lewandowski.
And the resounding Bayern win could be viewed as even more incredible if the claims of John Bon Jovi are to be believed.
The world-famous rock star was on TalkSPORT this Wednesday, where he claimed to have seen several of the Bayern players drinking alcohol in their London hotel the night before the Chelsea game. Bon Jovi was staying at the same hotel, where he said he watched Bayern team members sipping whiskies at the hotel bar.
“I was minding my own business in the bar and the team were in there the night before last and how they, on the power of whisky and beer, overpowered Chelsea last night doesn't say much for Chelsea's drinking habits,” said the 57-year-old lead singer.
“The Bayern guys were certainly sipping whisky and having a good old time and then they went and shellacked Chelsea. I'm going to get everybody in trouble.”
Bayern hero Gnabry cites other power source
While Bon Jovi has suggested that Bayern’s power had come from drinking whiskey the night before the game, double-goal hero Gnabry, who had a four-season stint at Arsenal as a youngster, cited another power source in his post-match interview with BT Sport.
“I have many followers here, many of them were in the stands and it seems they gave me some kind of power. Of course I always like to come back,” said the German international, who has now scored against two of Arsenal’s great local rivals, Chelsea and Tottenham, in this season’s Champions League campaign.
Before his brace against Chelsea on Monday, the 24-year-old scored four goals in the 7-2 rout of Spurs at the Tottenham stadium in the group stages in October.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- MLB trade deadline Yankees get Rizzo from Cubs, Schwarber to Red Sox
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 30: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- Tokyo Olympics: Fraser-Pryce dazzles but Ta Lou sets the standard in stunning women's sprint heats
- NBA Wizards reportedly trade Westbrook to LA Lakers in draft-night blockbuster