Chivas record back-to-back wins
Guadalajara hosted Club León for the 8th week of the current season. With goals from Macías and Beltran Chivas got their second victory in a row.
Ahead of Clausura 2020, a strengthened Chivas looked like one of the main contenders to win the title. In their first game of the tournament they beat Juárez 2-0 at home a negative run of results followed - the team suffering three draws and two defeats.
Chivas didn't return to winning ways until Week 7, beating Tijuana 1-0. They have managed to build on that with their second consecutive victory against Club León.
Guadalajara had possession from kick-off and the first scoring opportunity came in the 6th minute when Miguel Ponce crossed to J.J. Macías whose shot was blocked by William Tesillo.
Club León responded in the 24th minute with a volley from Ismael Sosa that hit the side netting. It was not until the second half when Jesús Sánchez crossed to Macías for the first goal of the game.
On 71 minutes, Miguel Ponce sent over a perfect cross to Fernando Beltrán, who headed in the second and final goal of the game. The result leaves Chivas in 8th place with 12 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?