Chivas record back-to-back wins
Guadalajara hosted Club León for the 8th week of the current season. With goals from Macías and Beltran Chivas got their second victory in a row.
Ahead of Clausura 2020, a strengthened Chivas looked like one of the main contenders to win the title. In their first game of the tournament they beat Juárez 2-0 at home a negative run of results followed - the team suffering three draws and two defeats.
Chivas didn't return to winning ways until Week 7, beating Tijuana 1-0. They have managed to build on that with their second consecutive victory against Club León.
Guadalajara had possession from kick-off and the first scoring opportunity came in the 6th minute when Miguel Ponce crossed to J.J. Macías whose shot was blocked by William Tesillo.
Club León responded in the 24th minute with a volley from Ismael Sosa that hit the side netting. It was not until the second half when Jesús Sánchez crossed to Macías for the first goal of the game.
On 71 minutes, Miguel Ponce sent over a perfect cross to Fernando Beltrán, who headed in the second and final goal of the game. The result leaves Chivas in 8th place with 12 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem