Lampard confirms Pulisic’s return to training with Chelsea
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has given updates on a number of injured players, including US winger Christian Pulisic, ahead of his side's trip to Everton on Sunday.
Christian Pulisic has not played since New Year’s Day due to an abductor muscle tear and after several weeks of recovery, it seems that the US international is almost ready to make his return.
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard spoke ahead of his side's Premier League game against Everton on Sunday and gave an update on the 21-year-old's status.
"We just had an in-house game which Ruben [Loftus-Cheek] and Christian Pulisic took part in. It’s great to see Christian get some minutes, but he’s still short of match fitness, but it’s the first time the injury’s fell to the level to get him onto a big pitch in a relatively competitive match. It’s a big step forward,” said Lampard.
Lampard reports Loftus-Cheek & Pulisic played in-house game at training ground. He hopes Abraham will be back before the end of the month. Hudson-Odoi's injury has reoccurred during training which is frustrating. Kovacic is out and Willian is question mark for Sunday. #CHEEVE— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) March 6, 2020
Lampard's comments come after Pulisic himself revealed on social media that he was ‘super close’ to a return. The American winger has missed 11 games since he suffered the injury setback in training two months ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus Bill Gates predicts when the next pandemic will arrive
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in numbers: Mbappé looks to end drought, Barça out to maintain 100% record
- FOOTBALL Ndombele refusing to give up on Euro 2020 dream with France
- VILLARREAL Kubo considering leaving Villarreal in January
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- FOOTBALL Ex-Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic joins Birmingham City