Berlusconi donates 10 million euros to makeshift Milan hospital
The former AC Milan president has made a generous contribution to a temporary hospital which is currently struggling without enough beds or ventilators.
"The president, Silvio Berlusconi has decided to help the Lombardy region, with a donation of 10 million euros - funds needed to set up an intensive care unit for 400 patients at the Fiera centre in Milan". That was a statement issued by Forza Italia, explaining how the former AC Milan president has made a generous donation.
Medical services swamped in Italy
The coronavirus pandemic has hit Italy hard and the Lombardy region is one to have been most affected by a lack resources. According to reports in Italian media, there are no no available beds or ventilators in the makeshift hospital set up at the Fiera Milano exhibition centre, and action is required immediately - hopefully in the next three to four days.
Founder of the Esselunga supermarket chain Giuseppe Caprotti, has also made a contribution to the cause with a donation of 10 million euros. Other Italian companies have pledged their support with financial donations including Bvlgari, Dolce & Gabanna, Marco Bizarri, Gucci and Giorgio Armani.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August