Coronavirus UK in real time, 24 March: total cases and deaths
Live updates on the total number of Covid-19 cases, deaths and discharged patients in the UK and worldwide.
Confirmed UK coronavirus cases: 24 March
As of 22:30 CET (21:30 GMT) there were 8,077 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK, with 422 deaths. A total of 135 individuals have officially recovered from the disease.
Worldwide real time coronavirus map
Click here if the map doesn't automatically appear. (Map created and hosted by Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, our thanks to them.)
Worldwide coronavirus cases current situation
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide has now broken the 400,000 mark, with 417,663 cases recorded at 22:30 CET (21:30 GMT) on 24 March. In total 18,605 people have died from Covid-19, while 108,312 have recovered.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said the spread of the coronavirus is accelerating. What’s particularly worrying is the rate of increase. From the first case it took 67 days to reach 100,000 cases, the next 100,000 only took 11 days, the next just four days and the final 100,000 just one day.
UK placed under lockdown
As the UK battles to halt the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, prime minister Boris Johnson on Monday announced measures ordering people in Britain to stay at home.
You'll find a rundown of the circumstances under which you can and can't leave the house in the UK here.
Live coverage of coronavirus crisis
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections