Coronavirus: Fiorentina trio in the clear after overcoming virus
Some encouraging news from Italy - Fiorntina's Patrick Cutrone, German Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic are clear of coronavirus after returning negative tests.
Fiorentina's Patrick Cutrone, Germán Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic have all been cleared of the Covid-19 virus, the Italian club announced on Sunday. Vlahovic was the Viola's first confirmed positive case of coronavirus, with the striker revealing in an Instagram post that his fever at one stage reached 39 degrees. Fellow forward Cutrone and defender Pezzella also contracted the virus, though all three are "no longer positive" following tests, Fiorentina revealed.
Fiorentina trio in the clear after new coronavirus test
"Fiorentina is delighted to announce that tests have revealed that Patrick Cutrone, Germán Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic are no longer positive for COVID-19," the club announced in a statement. "We would like to take this opportunity to thank the doctors, nurses and hospitals that are continuing to care for all those who require medical attention at this difficult time for Italy and indeed the whole world."
Italy has been hit particularly hard during the global health pandemic - as of today, 15,887 lives have been lost in the country. In response to the outbreak, Fiorentina set up a 'Forza e Cuore' fundraiser that reached the initial target of €500,000 inside three days, with the money used to help buy key materials and equipment.
"Fiorentina is working with the Careggi and Santa Maria Nuova ONLUS foundations through its Forza e Cuore campaign, which has so far raised in excess of €760,000," the Viola announced. "The money has been used to purchase key materials and equipment for use in the fight against the pandemic."
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth