Suárez says Neymar and Lautaro would be welcome at Barcelona
Neymar and Lautaro Martinez have both been linked to Barcelona, and Luis Suarez would be happy if the forwards moved to Camp Nou.
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar continues to be linked with a return to Camp Nou having won two LaLiga titles and a Champions League playing alongside Suarez during his previous stint at the club.
He is not the only striker reportedly on Barca's radar, though, with Inter's Martinez another attacker thought to be considered an intriguing prospect to the Blaugrana hierarchy.
Rather than see such speculation as a threat to his place in the team, Suarez has given his approval to those pursuits.
"It is difficult to talk about players today," he told Mundo Deportivo.
"As is the situation in the world today, talking about who can come because of how everything is complicated. But I can speak about what these players are like and they are huge players.
Messi.— FC Barcelona (from ) (@FCBarcelona) March 31, 2020
"Obviously, Ney, everyone knows him and we know the appreciation that we have for him in the dressing room, which as a player is indisputable because he still has a lot to give and in the dressing room he would always be welcome because of the affection he has.
"Lautaro is a player who has been growing a lot in Italy, he is a 'nine' who has movements that are spectacular and that reflects how great a striker he is.
"It is not that you feel compatible but that you feel happy that the club wants to incorporate players who come to help and fulfil the same objective of everyone - that of wanting to win everything.
"Then when it comes to healthy competition in the team, which there will always, we will always be on the same side.
"So players who come to fight for a place and help the team will always be welcome, it will always be better and it will strengthen the group."
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped