Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi flattered by interest
Achraf Hakimi, on loan at Borussia Dortmund from Real Madrid, discussed his future.
Achraf Hakimi said he is flattered by interest from across Europe as the Real Madrid full-back looks to resolve his future.
Achraf signed a two-season loan deal with Borussia Dortmund in 2018 and the Morocco international is set to return to Madrid at the end of the current campaign, which has been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The 21-year-old's future remains up in the air amid links to Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Chelsea following his exploits for Bundesliga outfit Dortmund.
Asked if he was flattered by the interest, Achraf told Cadena SER: "Who does not like it? I am proud of what I am doing.
"In June I will have to make a decision and it will be a great step for my career. In theory, my contract ends in June and from there I have to return to Madrid.
"I have not yet had contact with Madrid on this matter, but I imagine that soon we will have some conversation to find out what is best for me."
A truly spectacular display pic.twitter.com/BZksOLZAuJ— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) April 12, 2020
"I don't know when my contract ends, that subject is taken by my agent," Achraf said when asked when his contract ends in Madrid. "It is the same contract that I signed in 2017."
The Bundesliga and major European leagues, as well as Euro 2020 and the Copa America, have been postponed amid the COVID-19 crisis.
May 9 could see the return of the Bundesliga as the likes of Bayern return to training, albeit in small groups while following strict guidelines on hygiene and the distance kept between players.
On the proposed return date, Achraf said: "It is an estimated date, I think it can change. I'm glad it's that date, but the sooner the better. However, we have to be careful about the situation we are in."
Achraf, discussing Dortmund's training measures, added: "I arrive at 10 and we start training at 10:30. I work with my group, with five or six people. We do not cross. We each work on our own. We do not make any contact.
"We mix a little, gym, rondo or soccer-tennis. But with almost no contact."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness