Leipzig star Timo Werner must make careful choice - Rangnick
Timo Werner has been linked with several clubs, including Liverpool, but coach Ralf Rangnick warns him to think wisely as the grass may not be greener away from Leipzig.
Timo Werner should think long and hard about whether a move away from RB Leipzig might reduce his playing opportunities, coach Ralf Rangnick has warned. Former Leipzig boss Rangnick, who now works for the club's owners, Red Bull as head of sport and development, would welcome Werner staying put and remaining in the Bundesliga. But he says the Germany striker is not irreplaceable and predicted Leipzig would be able to cope should Werner decide to leave at the end of this season.
Liverpool well placed to land Werner
Liverpool are among the clubs who have been linked with the in-demand 24-year-old, who indicated in recent days that he would rather move abroad than join potential suitors Bayern Munich. "I know his family and that of his girlfriend and his agent very well," Rangnick said. "He has continued to develop, especially in terms of his strike rate, and could take another leap under [Leipzig coach] Julian Nagelsmann and his colleagues. I would be happy if he stayed."
Speaking to German newspaper Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, Rangnick added: "In my opinion, RB Leipzig are so well positioned that he can be replaced. Timo will carefully consider whether he has the opportunity to play as regularly as is the case here at another club."
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth