Messi, Suárez and Barcelona team-mates back in training
The players were back at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva for training for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic saw LaLiga suspended.
Barcelona were back at in training on Friday with Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and their Barça team-mates returning to the Ciutat Esportiva in the Catalan capital.
Barca were permitted to start holding individual sessions, with the squad divided over three pitches to ensure social-distancing requirements are upheld, afterwards the squad was subjected to medical tests and the Ciutat Esportiva was inspected.
Barcelona socially-distanced training
The players were told to arrive in their kit and head straight to their designated pitch, returning home immediately upon the conclusion of the session without entering the changing rooms. They trained at different times and will follow a similar routine on Saturday.
LaLiga's reigning champions tweeted photos of them being put through their paces for the first time since sport across the majority of the globe was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper— FC Barcelona (from ) (@FCBarcelona) May 8, 2020
We missed you guys! pic.twitter.com/Yy432NbXj2
Striker Suarez, who had been sidelined since January due to a knee injury, tweeted: "Good to be back!"
Que lindo volver!— Luis Suarez (@LuisSuarez9) May 8, 2020
Good to be back! pic.twitter.com/8e8ucMeBoY
Spain has been one of the most-affected countries during the Covid-19 outbreak, though LaLiga hopes competitive games can return in mid-June.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother