Arda Turan talks about move to Barcelona, Simeone's tactics
Turan bemoaned his lack of chances under Ernesto Valverde and explained how Simeone planned to beat Chelsea perfectly in the Champions League.
Arda Turan has spoken on his Instagram account of what he learned at Atlético Madrid. "I learned the tactical side of the game at Atlético," he says about his time under Diego Simeone.
"If I had moved directly from Galatasaray to Barcelona, it would have been very difficult," he said. "Every game with Atlético was hard."
"When you don't plan tactically well for a game, you start 2-0 down," he continued. "In the Champions League against Chelsea, we prepared perfectly well thanks to Simeone. He said that Hazard doesn't follow the right-back and he doesn't help defensively. Our right back, Juanfran, pushed up three times. Hazard didn't follow him. We scored 3 goals. We won the game 3-1."
Turan's failed spell at Barcelona
Turan moved from Atlético to Barcelona in 2015 but did not settle. "My agent, Ahmet Bulut, didn't tell me I had signed for Barcelona. He said I would find out 15 days after... I was thinking that I was going to Bayern because a year before, my transfer to Manchester United fell apart at the last minute. The document fell out of his bag and I saw Barcelona's logo on top of the paper. I couldn't believe it. Ahmet said, 'come here, come here, look at the documents.' I was not sad that I was going to Barcelona."
"Valverde didn't give me any minutes," he says about his time at the club. "I was the one who had given the most assists behind Messi and Suárez the year before."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'