Coronavirus in India: how to apply online for the curfew e-pass by state during lockdown
Since India was placed under a three-week lockdown on 24 March, movement has been restricted but some state governments are issuing e-passes online.
Since India was placed under lockdown on 24 March, movement throughout the country has been restricted to essential journeys only but some state governments have started issuing Emergency curfew e-passes which are now available online. All of those who are involved in the movement of essential goods and supplies across any of the country’s 28 states or union territories will need to apply for a an e-pass or movement pass.
India's government is now gradually easing lockdown restrictions - including stay-at-home measures which means movement between states will become easier when some rail services resume from Monday 18 May. However, with the country now divided into colour-coded risk zones, total freedom of movement is still not permitted and an e-pass will be necessary to travel between states.
Travelling between states in India with an e-pass
The e-pass will only be issued to those performing what is classified as essential work – healthcare work, the supply and distribution of food and medical supplies, police and fire services, security forces, courier services, providers of utility services such as electricity and water, supply and distribution of animal feed…
Applying for an e-pass does not automatically mean you will be granted one. Local administration authorities will determine who is entitled to an e-pass and who isn’t at their own discretion.
On the application form, information such as full name and address of the applicant, identification (Aadhar Card number, driving license), vehicle license number (DMV) and registration will need to be given together with an official letter of authorisation from the applicant’s company or place of work along with a recent, passport-size photograph. Some states might ask for other information such as a mobile phone number to be able to receive SMS authentication codes. Others, for instance Goa, might ask for information about the type and quantity of goods being transported.
Below is a list of how and where to apply for an e-pass in each state/union territory
Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Contact the sub-divisional magistrates for your region by phone
- CG Covid-19 e-pass official App can be downloaded here
- Permission must be obtained, in writing, from the relevant District Collector
Jammu and Kashmir
- Applications in writing must be sent by email to the relevant District Collector
- No formal procedure currently in place. Up-to-date identification will be required, or a general e-Pass can be acquired here
- For permission issues, contact the Helpdesk
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?