England midfielder Dele Alli robbed at knifepoint at home - reports
Tottenham and England player was robbed at knifepoint at his North London home in the early hours of Wednesday. Thieves took valuables worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Tottenham Hotspur and England midfielder Dele Alli was robbed at knifepoint at his North London home in the early hours of Wednesday and the assailants got away with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of valuables, British media reported.
Dele Alli's house burgled
Alli, 24, and his adopted brother Harry Hickford were reportedly hurt in the incident after two men wielding knives broke into the player's home in Barnet and threatened them. "Two males gained entry to the property and stole items of jewellery, including watches, before fleeing," The Mirror quoted the Metropolitan Police as saying. "Two male occupants at the property suffered minor facial injuries after being assaulted. They did not require hospital treatment. No arrests; enquiries into the circumstances continue."
Thank you for all the messages. Horrible experience but we’re all okay now. Appreciate the support.— Dele (@dele_official) May 13, 2020
Alli and Hickford's girlfriends as well as a friend were also in the house when the incident occurred, the reports said, adding that the occupants were playing cards when the robbers broke in. Alli is due to return to training with Spurs next week ahead of a possible resumption of Premier League matches in June following the coronavirus pandemic.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats