Bale's agent denies MLS transfer rumour stories
Jonathan Barnett, the Welshman's representative slammed stories linking his client with Inter Miami.
Gareth Bale is not going to the USA to play football (or soccer) in the MLS, according to the Real Madrid player's agent, Jonathan Barnett.
Potential Bale transfer grabs headlines
Bale's representative was reacting to stories in the press in recent days saying the forward had been offered to an MLS side, presumed to be Inter Miami.
Barnett spoke to ESPN, where he slammed the rumours about a move for Bale to David Beckham's US franchise as "rubbish", saying that no offers had been made for the Welshman since Real Madrid's number 11 admitted he would be interested in a move to the MLS at some point, given how the sport is growing in the US.
Website The Athletic confirmed that the Florida-based club was one of the leading contenders to sign Bale, in part due to the aspirations of the franchise, but also due to the large number of golf clubs found in the state. Another clearly important factor in any negotiations is the good relationship between former Real Madrid player Beckahm and club president Florentino Pérez.
Bale under contract with Real Madrid to 2022
Bale, now 30, has a contract with Real Madrid until the summer of 2022. According to sources consulted by ESPN, the Welshman and his family are very happy living in the Spanish capital. Bale donated 500,000 euros to local health centres in the city to show his appreciation for his adopted home during the coronavirus outbreak.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Kroos says whoever adapts quickest will win LaLiga
- MLS MLS and Players have reached a new agreement to green light the 2020 season
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: what does ‘Need More Information' on IRS Get My Payment tool mean?
- Barcelona Barcelona: Messi could miss the return of LaLiga due to injury