As California moves to stage two, what businesses are reopening?
Los Angeles County announced Tuesday that it will align with California’s latest guidelines and allow the resumption of more businesses that closed during the outbreak.
On Tuesday the Gov. of California, Gavin Newsom, announced that under the new guidelines, counties that follow the criteria outlined by the California Department of Public Health, may advance to the second stage of reopening the state amid Covid-19 outbreak.
In State 2 of reopening California now retail, manufacture, office workplaces, limited personal services, outdoor museums, childcare, hair/nail salons and essential business can open with modifications in place.
"We’re making progress, we’re moving forward. We’re not looking back, but we are walking into the unknown, the untested and we have to be guided by the data that brought us back to this place," Newsom said during a Tuesday briefing.
At least 47 of the state’s 58 counties meet the criteria for moving forward. As of Tuesday, California has recorded more than 90,600 cases of the novel coronavirus with some 3,708 deaths after the Memorial Day weekend.
Worship places are open as well
A day after this announcement Newsom said Churches and other houses of worship can reopen if they are given approval from their respective county health officials. The main rule is to limit attendance to 25 percent of capacity or 100 people.
The ‘Golden State’ must implement physical-distancing guidelines, establish new cleaning and disinfection protocols, encourage everyone to wear face masks and set parameters for singing and group recitations.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?