Los Angeles curfew today, 3 June: time, when it starts and when it ends
Protests and riots continue in Los Angeles following the the death of George Floyd as a series of curfew hours are drafted in to prevent mass demonstration.
U.S. protesters ignored curfews as they vented their anger over the death of an unarmed black man at the hands of police, but there was a drop in violence overnight and President Donald Trump's defense secretary said he opposed sending in troops.
George Floyd died after a white policeman knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes in Minneapolis on May 25, reigniting the explosive issue of police brutality against African Americans five months before the Nov. 3 presidential election.
Tens of thousands of people took to the streets of cities coast to coast for an eighth night in protest over the death of Floyd and brutality against other black Americans.
Los Angeles County
For 3 June, Los Angeles County officials have once again imposed a countywide curfew for the fourth consecutive day, citing a desire to protect public safety amid ongoing protests over police brutality and the death of George Floyd. A few Orange County municipalities followed suit. Some cities implemented even stricter limits.
Los Angeles County officially announced at 1100 their plans for Wednesday's curfew with a statement confirming: A Countywide curfew is in effect today June 3 at 9 PM to June 4 at 5 AM. Some cities may set stricter curfews.
Beverly Hills was first to issue local city to issue guidelines with a communique issued early on Wednesday morning stating: To ensure the continued safety of the Beverly Hills community, the City tomorrow is again imposing two curfews. The first, in the City’s Business Districts, will begin on Wednesday, June 3rd at 1 p.m. until Thursday, June 4th at 6 a.m. The second will be a Citywide curfew from Wednesday, June 3rd at 4 p.m. until Thursday, June 4th at 6 a.m.
- Derek Chauvin charged with murder and manslaughter
- What charges are the three other officers facing
- Where does Trump's 'when the looting starts...' quote come from?
- George Floyd GoFundMe page raises nearly $5 million
- Curfew in Minnesota: cities affected, schedules and restrictions
- How a suspected counterfeit $20 bill led to protests across the US
- When did #BlackLivesMatter start?
George Floyd protests: live coverage
You can follow live coverage of the protests over the killing of George Floyd here.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Carlos Vela will not play in the MLS is Back tournament
- Next Generation – Rayan Cherki, Lyon's latest academy gem earning links to Real Madrid, Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona