Raúl cited as potential candidate for the Schalke 04 bench
German outlet Sport Bild maintain that a "a return for Raúl is not out of the question" with the current Real Madrid Castilla coach highly admired at the German side.
The current poor vein of form from Schalke has raised doubts about the future of David Wagner on the bench at the Gelsenkirchen club. Schalke have lost four out four games since the Bundesliga resumed and have only managed four points from a possible 33 in the past 11 games.
As speculation grows on the future of Wagner, German sports outlet Sport Bild maintain that a return for Raúl is not out of the question with the current Castilla boss widely admired at the Bundesliga side.
Along with Raúl, other names that have been linked with a place on the bench are Ralf Rangnick, Ralph Hasenhüttl (currently with Southampton) and PSV boss Roger Schmidt. Schalke sporting director Jochen Schneider has offered his support for Wagner's continuity with Die Knappe despite ongoing speculation about the position.
42-year-old Raúl started coaching with Real Madrid youth teams before taking over with Segunda B side Real Madrid Castilla this season. The 'B' team enjoyed a mixed season winning ten games, losing eight and tying ten.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery