MLS is Back Tournament draw sets group stage ahead of 8 July kick-off
Group F sees one of the biggest MLS games over the past few years with LAFC having to face city rivals LA Galaxy when the tournament starts in Orlando.
After the draw for the group stage everything is ready for the 2020 MLS is Back tournament to be held in Orlando starting next 8 July and finishing 11 August. One of the most hotly anticipated games at the Disney complex will be in Group F when LAFC faces LA Galaxy in the ‘El Tráfico’ derby.
They have met on 6 occasions with Galaxy having the record in favor with 2W-1L-3D. And when they play in Orlando, LAFC will be looking to earn their second victory in a row in the fixture with their first win coming last year during the Western Conference playoffs.
Another interesting game will be Orlando City facing the ‘new kids on the block’ Inter Miami. This will be kick-off game for the tournament, on 8 July. Here's how the 6 groups ended up after the draw held on Thursday.
- New York City FC
- New England
- Montreal Impact
- DC United
- Atlanta FC
- New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew
- Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim