Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez visits squad ahead of LaLiga restart
The president of Los Blancos went to see Zinedine Zidane, Sergio Ramos and the rest of the team as they trained ahead of their LaLiga return.
The Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, popped across to the Ciudad Deportiva de Valdebebas on Friday to give his support to the squad before Los Blancos get their league campaign back up and running on Sunday evening against Eibar at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium.
Pérez visits Real Madrid training
The club chief had already checked in on both the football and basketball squads on 21 May during the break in play due to coronavirus, and headed to the Valdebebas training facilities accompanied by general director José Ángel Sánchez.
Both watched the training session from one of the dugouts of the Di Stefano stadium, as Zidane scheduled the training at the same time of day as the game on Sunday, the aim being to acclimatise the players to the summer aspect of the competition, after more than three months out. Before the start of the session, Florentino spoke briefly with Zidane, greeting him with the ‘new handshake’, a bump of the elbows, and he also had a few words with the first team captain, Sergio Ramos, who is yet to discuss a new contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?