Champions League to be decided by final eight in Lisbon
According to Sky Sports, UEFA will confirm, this Wednesday, the revised calendar for the reorganised Champions League, after its suspension due to the coronavirus.
As revealed by AS, UEFA have decided upon the calendar to finish this season's Champions League, with the plan being a 'Final Eight' to be held in Lisbon. Europe's governing body will ratify the timetable this Wednesday.
Champions League final eight 12-23 August
The Covid-19 pandemic saw the suspension of the game mid-way through the last-16 stage. Once these have been completed the final matches will be played in Lisbon from 12 to 23 August.
For the final eight the following sides have already qualified: Atlético, who went through in stunning fashion against Liverpool, PSG, Leipzig and Atalanta.
The other ties will be played as normal, with the second legs to be played at the stadium as planned. Juventus will host Lyon at the Juventus Stadium (Lyon won 1-0 in France); Barcelona will play Napoli at the Camp Nou (1-1 in San Paolo); Real Madrid head to Manchester to try and overturn the 1-2 deficit from the first leg. Bayern will host Chelsea at the Allianz Arena (3-0 in London).
Lisbon final eight dates
12-13-14-15 August: Quarter-finals
18-19 August: Semi-finals
23 August: Final
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis