Real Madrid: Zidane overtakes Del Bosque in number of wins
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has now overseen 134 wins in 202 games during his two spells in charge of the club, passing the former Spain manager.
Zinedine Zidane moved clear of Vicente del Bosque to sit alone in second place for wins as Real Madrid coach thanks to Sunday's controversial 2-1 success over Real Sociedad. Sergio Ramos’ penalty was followed by a Karim Benzema goal to lift Madrid above rivals Barcelona and top of the LaLiga table despite Mikel Merino's late strike.
The win was Zidane's 134th as Madrid coach, moving him past Del Bosque (133) and only behind Miguel Munoz (357).
Now in his second stint at the helm of the club, Zidane's 134 wins have come in 202 games in charge.
Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona
With eight games left in the league season, Madrid are above Barcelona thanks to their superior head-to-head record.
Zidane is aiming to win a second LaLiga title as Madrid coach to add to three Champions League crowns, among numerous other trophies.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash