Real Madrid: Zidane overtakes Del Bosque in number of wins
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has now overseen 134 wins in 202 games during his two spells in charge of the club, passing the former Spain manager.
Zinedine Zidane moved clear of Vicente del Bosque to sit alone in second place for wins as Real Madrid coach thanks to Sunday's controversial 2-1 success over Real Sociedad. Sergio Ramos’ penalty was followed by a Karim Benzema goal to lift Madrid above rivals Barcelona and top of the LaLiga table despite Mikel Merino's late strike.
The win was Zidane's 134th as Madrid coach, moving him past Del Bosque (133) and only behind Miguel Munoz (357).
Now in his second stint at the helm of the club, Zidane's 134 wins have come in 202 games in charge.
Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona
With eight games left in the league season, Madrid are above Barcelona thanks to their superior head-to-head record.
Zidane is aiming to win a second LaLiga title as Madrid coach to add to three Champions League crowns, among numerous other trophies.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7