Pep Guardiola 'interfered' and 'knew better' than club doctor
Bayern Munich's former team doctor has claimed Pep Guardiola "thought he knew everything better" during his time with the Bundesliga giants.
Pep Guardiola thought he knew better than Bayern Munich's medical staff during his time with the Bundesliga giants, according to the club's former team doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.
'Dr Guardiola', we presume
Muller-Wohlfahrt ended his 40-year tenure as Bayern's chief doctor in June, with Hansi Flick's side having wrapped up yet another Bundesliga title.
The 77-year-old was at the helm of Bayern's medical department during Guardiola's time at the club, with the Spaniard taking over at the Allianz Arena in 2013.
Guardiola led Bayern to seven major trophies during a three-year spell, before leaving for Manchester City in 2016.
Muller-Wohlfahrt has revealed he often clashed with the ex-Barcelona boss, though insisted the pair maintain a good relationship.
"It was just that I couldn't put up with the fact that a young trainer – who was very successful and who is probably one of the really, really big ones – interfered in medical matters and knew everything better than I did," Muller-Wohlfahrt told BR24.
"We met and talked to each other, and then it's over.
"We appreciate each other and he appreciates my work above all. He never questioned that."
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms