Stimulus check: why haven't I received my check yet
The IRS continues to send out millions of checks with 159 million sent as of the start of June but millions more Americans are waiting for their check.
After weeks of waiting for news of a second stimulus check, it seems movement is being made on a new economic relied package for Americans. Donald Trump says it will be coming soon and Mitch McConnell has also given details about what we might expect from the second package.
Meanwhile, millions of Americans are still waiting for their checks from the CARES Act to be delivered. As of 3 June, the IRS had sent out 159 million checks and another 20 millions citizens were waiting for theirs. Given the scale of the undertaking, it might simply be a case of sitting and waiting for a check or you might have to supply the government with additional information.
The main reason you might not have received your check is because the IRS is sending out checks to the most vulnerable in society first. That means, the closer you are to the $75,000 threshold for eligibility, the slower the check might be to come.
- Second stimulus check: differences between HEALS Act and HEROES Act
- Second Stimulus Check: will there be another payment in August?
- Stimulus check: who'll qualify for second Economic Impact Payment?
- Who may not be eligible for a second stimulus check?
- How much do I have to earn per year to be eligible for aid?
It also seems as though certain states have been getting checks quicker than others. For example, CBS MoneyWatch said that West Virginia has seen almost all of those eligible for a check receive theirs. Meanwhile, in New Jersey only 7 in 10 people who applied have received the check. It might be a matter of geography or how much you earn but it could be another issue.
However, you might need to send additional information to the IRS in order to get onto the system. For example, those who didn't file taxes in the last two years are eligible but will need to wait a little longer. The best way to check the status of your check, according to the IRS itself, is to log in to the Get My Payment tool.
This application will let you: Get your payment status, See your payment type and Provide your bank account information (in certain limited cases). Whatever is holding up the check you thought you would have received by now, you should be able to resolve it by checking that website.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?