Nigeria's Nneka Ede is the first African woman to own a European football club
Nigerian Nneka Ede is labeled as the first woman to own a European sports club following her purchase of the Portuguese club, Lusitano Ginásio Clube.
Nigeria's female entrepreneur Nneka Ede has become the first African woman to own a European football club after she pulled off a deal last June enabling her to own the 108-year-old Lusitano Ginásio Clube that is participating in Campeonato de Portugal (the Portuguese third division).
In her own words after becoming the official owner of the club, Ede expressed her overwhelming excitement to start a new chapter with the club emphasizing the existence of a very deep and long-term sporting relationship between Nigeria and Portugal as she commented "I am excited about this opportunity and I hope that this new chapter will deepen the already great sporting relations between Nigeria and Portugal, continue with the rich history of Lusitano club and provide a pathway for young talent to develop and shine through."
On the other hand, the club released a statement confirming that following a process of negotiations that lasted for months, they reached an agreement with the extreme sports enthusiast Nigerian entrepreneur Nneka Ede who is going to share a path with the club in the days to come.
Ede has become the second Nigerian to own a Portuguese club after the Nigerian businessman Kunle Soname purchased Clube Desportivo Feirense back in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?
- LALIGA | BARCELONA Koeman: Griezmann omission 'not a punishment'
- BOXING How much is Canelo Álvarez set to earn for Avni Yildirim fight?