Stimulus checks: Mnuchin and McConnell provide updates
Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell spoke on Tuesday, with the focus on the next relief package.
The coronavirus pandemic continues to cause financial problems for millions across the United States and various approaches are being taken to provide support.
On Tuesday, both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell spoke to the media, and offered their views on what is happening.
Popular related articles:
- Republicans could support a $400 unemployment benefit
- How to access local government Covid-19 aid payments
- Second stimulus check: who may not be eligible for the payment?
- $600 unemployment benefits boost in US: when does it end?
- Stimulus check: why blacks and Hispanics waited longer than white people
Mnuchin wants "plenty" of testing money
Mnuchin made it clear that President Donald Trump's administration wants to make sure coronavirus testing is funded, after Trump's fellow Republicans said the White House is blocking funding for tests considered key to containing the reach of the deadly pandemic. 'We want to make sure there's plenty of money for testing.
'And that's a big priority,' Mnuchin told reporters during a visit to Capitol Hill for negotiations on a coronavirus relief bill, adding that he had very productive meetings with appropriations committee members between last night and early today.
McConnell expects stimulus checks
McConnell focused his attention on the much-debated stimulus checks and said he expects another round of direct payments to Americans will be included in the next coronavirus response bill.
Speaking to reporters, McConnell also said he plans to introduce the legislation in the next few days and it will serve as a starting point for negotiations with Democrats.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?