Ghana Premier League 2020/21 season to start in October
The Ghana Football Association (GFA) declared that the new season of the Ghanaian Premier League will get underway by the end of October with some changes.
Ghana's Football Association (GFA) executive council has scheduled the kick-off to season 2020/21 of the Ghanaian Premier League for 31 October after modifying some fixtures.
Ghana Premier League kicks off in October
The last season of the competition was called off due to the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak following a meeting held by the Ghanaian FA on 30 June when they decided that there would be no promotion or relegation for season 2019/20. All football-related activities have been suspended since mid-March.
Sources have disclosed that the FA has the intention of dividing the league's teams into two groups; the southern zone that includes:
Dreams FC, Karela United, Hearts of Oak, Accra Great Olympic, Elmina Sharks, WAFA SC, Inter Allies, Ebusua Dwarfs, and Liberty Professionals.
The northern zone will consist of:
Asante Kotoko, Ashanti Gold, Aduana Stars, Berekum Chelsea, Bechem United, King Faisal, Medeama SC, Eleven Wonders, and Legon Cities FC.
It's believed that the new system will be more compatible with the European calendar, with the transfer window starting on 31 August and ending on 31 October.
Asante Kotoko and Ashante Gold have been nominated by the Ghanaian Association to represent Ghana in CAF inter-club competitions for season 2020/21. The Miners will participate in the Confederation Cup, and the Porcupine Warriors will play in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo