Mike Tyson to return to the ring against Roy Jones Jr
Former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will take to the ring again at the age of 54 in an exhibition match against Roy Jones Jr in September.
Mike Tyson will make his boxing comeback in an exhibition fight against Roy Jones Jr in September, the former undisputed world heavyweight champion of the world has announced. Tyson, 54, will take on Jones in a bout broadcast on pay-per-view and via social media platform Triller.
Tyson's last fight was a defeat to Kevin McBride in 2005, while his opponent, who is 51, has not fought since 2018.
The fight, set at eight rounds, is to take place on September 12.
Tyson vs Jones "David and Goliath"
"It's like David and Goliath. He's a giant," Jones Jr said in a video release. "I'm the little David who only has God on my side. That's all I need."
Tyson was undisputed world heavyweight champion from 1987 to 1990 and won 50 of his 58 professional fights, 44 of which came by knockout.
Jones Jr, who expressed interest in a bout with Tyson last month, was a title-holder in four divisions and won 66 of 75 career fights.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live