Pep Guardiola with €330 million City summer signing budget
The priorities for the Manchester club are two central defenders, a substitute for Leroy Sané and another attacking player.
Manchester City are now planning the structure of the squad for the 2020/2021 season with added clarity following the recent CAS ruling which lifted the UEFA ban which would have ruled them out of Champions League action for two seasons.
According to Catalan sports daily Sport, Pep Guardiola will have access to a budget of 300 million pounds (approximately 330 million euro) with the club targeting four major summer acquisitions.
Both Pep Guardiola and sporting director Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain have identified the areas of the squad that need to be strengthened with two central defenders, a replacement for Bayern Munich bound Sané and another attacking option on the City summer shopping list.
A right footed central defender to accompany Laporte along with another left footed player who can also play at left back are imperative to the 2020/21 City defence with the likes of Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, Sevilla's Diego Carlos and Inter Milan's Skrinniar all featuring on the wanted list.
Sport single out David Alaba, who has yet to renew with Bayern with Guardiola an admirer of the Austrian international despite reports in Germany that his intention is to stay with the Bavarian outfit.
Ferrán Torres has been cited as a potential replacement for the departing Leroy Sané with Valencia set to request a fee of 30-40 million euro for his signature. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen) has been targeted as an attacking option n but it would now appear that the German player is edging closer to a move to Stamford Bridge and Chelsea.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops