India: Nagaland imposes complete lockdown in Kohima for 7 days
The Nagaland government has decided to impose a week-long complete lockdown in the state's capital Kohima due to pandemic complications.
Nagaland state's government has resorted to imposing a seven-day lockdown in its capital Kohima from 25 to 31 July, as a result of the surging Covid-19 case count in the city. Kohima's deputy commissioner (DC), Gregory Thejawelie, declared the fresh order in Kohima Municipal Area.
The Kohima District Task Force on Covid-19 made the decision at an emergency meeting that was held on Thursday to assess the situation.
Thejawelie confirmed that imposing total lockdown will facilitate procedures of contact tracing and isolation treatment and will help the Chief Medical Officer Coordination Team detect suspected cases early.
Exemptions from lockdown restrictions
However, some individuals and facilities will be exempted from lockdown restrictions such as:
- District administration, police officers, paramilitary/army, medical staff, chief minister’s office, Raj Bhavan staff.
- Treasury, prisons, Kohima Municipal Council, PHED, power, NIC, DIPR, NSDMA, fire and emergency services, home guard and civil defence, food and civil supply, social welfare, information technology and communications.
- Banks and institutions working with minimum staff, staff of isolation and quarantine centres in addition to people with medical emergencies and those involved in authorized Covid-19 related duties.
- Members of the Nagaland Assembly, and all administrative heads of departments and assembly officials involved in the sixth session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly to be held on 30 July.
Nearly 50,000 new cases in India in 24-hour period
Furthermore, no flights will be allowed into or out of Kolkata airport on 25 and 29 July as the whole state will be placed under lockdown on both days, officials said.
After the last lockdown in West Bengal came to an end, authorities have decided to implement lockdown on at least two variable days per week.
As of Friday, India's cases tally had reached 12,87,945, with 49,311 new confirmed cases reported in just 24 hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?