Chivas' Alexis Vega tests positive for Covid-19
The striker is the fourth Chivas player to test positive for coronavirus and won’t play in week one of the 2020 Guardianes tournament against León.
Alexis Vega has tested positive for Covid-19 and he won’t play today against León in the first week of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. The Mexican striker is the fourth player from Chivas to test positive for coronavirus and they have all been separated and isolated from the rest of the team.
“Liga MX and Chivas have informed that after another player has tested positive for coronavirus they have followed the health protocols established by the experts. All four players who have the virus have been isolated to avoid the spreading of the virus,” confirmed Chivas.
Vega asymptomatic, Chivas say
Chivas also said that Vega has not experienced any symptoms but will be under the care of doctors until the virus is gone. Since Chivas has four players who tested positive for Covid-19, there was a certain risk that the game against León might be postponed, but the team insisted that no other player has the virus after doing several tests.
Beltrán, Cisneros and Antuna also positive
Fernando Beltrán, Ronaldo Cisneros and Uriel Antuna are the other three players who have tested positive for Covid-19 and won’t be available for at least two weeks. The bad news for Guadalajara is that their manager, Luis Fernando Tena, won’t be on the bench because last week he tested positive for Covid-19.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July