Chivas' Alexis Vega tests positive for Covid-19
The striker is the fourth Chivas player to test positive for coronavirus and won’t play in week one of the 2020 Guardianes tournament against León.
Alexis Vega has tested positive for Covid-19 and he won’t play today against León in the first week of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. The Mexican striker is the fourth player from Chivas to test positive for coronavirus and they have all been separated and isolated from the rest of the team.
“Liga MX and Chivas have informed that after another player has tested positive for coronavirus they have followed the health protocols established by the experts. All four players who have the virus have been isolated to avoid the spreading of the virus,” confirmed Chivas.
Vega asymptomatic, Chivas say
Chivas also said that Vega has not experienced any symptoms but will be under the care of doctors until the virus is gone. Since Chivas has four players who tested positive for Covid-19, there was a certain risk that the game against León might be postponed, but the team insisted that no other player has the virus after doing several tests.
Beltrán, Cisneros and Antuna also positive
Fernando Beltrán, Ronaldo Cisneros and Uriel Antuna are the other three players who have tested positive for Covid-19 and won’t be available for at least two weeks. The bad news for Guadalajara is that their manager, Luis Fernando Tena, won’t be on the bench because last week he tested positive for Covid-19.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?