Atlético Mineiro interested in signing Roger Martínez
The Colombian striker got in trouble with Club Américas bosses for talking publicly about his future so now he is looking for an exit to gain minutes.
Roger Martínez did not play with Club América in the beginning of the year because he was allegedly trying to leave the team in January during the winter transfer window. So when the player notified the club, América’s bosses told Miguel Herrera he couldn’t play Martínez until the situation was resolved.
When his situation seemed to be resolved, the Colombian striker’s future at América is in the air once again after Atlético Mineiro asked about him prior to the beginning of the 2020 Guardianes tournament in the Liga MX.
According to Primer Tiempo, the Brazilian team failed to sign Nahuel Bustos from Talleres de Córdoba and the next player on their list is Roger Martínez. For this transfer to happen Atético will have to negotiate the $15 million price tag previously put on him and wait for América to find a replacement.
The 26-year-old rejected a move to Inter Miami earlier this year and he has stated that he wishes to continue playing for Club América. Martínez also said in the past that he will only be willing to move if a European club is interested in him, if not he would rather stay in Mexico.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?