Coronavirus USA: is Michigan going back to phase 3?
Local politicians feel that it’s “probably inevitable” that the entire state will need to regress to the “flattening phase” if residents don’t take efforts to reduce the growing spread of the virus.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer admitted this week that if the current trend of coronavirus cases continues to increase, the entire state will be moved back to phase three of her reopening plan, meaning parts of the economy that reopened within the last month would be shut down once again.
Stay Smart. Stay Safe. The state of Michigan (@migov) & @MichiganHHS report today, July 24, 2020, 594 new COVID-19 cases & 3 deaths. This brings #Michigan's total cases to 76,541 & 6,151 deaths. Find the latest data, info & #COVID19 news at https://t.co/niRBexCYOy #MaskUpMichigan pic.twitter.com/FXTPbZnM4h— Michigan.gov (@migov) July 24, 2020
The chairman of the Michigan Economic Recovery Council Gerry Anderson isn’t ready to advise Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to move the state of Michigan back to phase 3 just yet which would see no gatherings, no in-person education, and limiting non-essential retail to curbside or delivery.
Anderson also admitted that it’s “probably inevitable” that the entire state will need to regress to the “flattening phase” if residents don’t take efforts to reduce the growing spread of Covid-19.
Thanks for the nomination, @LtGovGilchrist! Wearing a mask isn’t about politics, it’s about saving lives.— Governor Gretchen Whitmer (@GovWhitmer) July 23, 2020
The Challenge: Post a photo of yourself wearing a mask, and nominate someone else to do the same.
I nominate @realDonaldTrump.#MaskUpAmerica pic.twitter.com/tDRnbO3I3S
“Our hope is we can have moves related to people’s behaviors before we have to do things like regress economic activity further,” said Anderson, who is the Executive Chairman of DTE Energy. “I really believe this is in the personal realm and the social realm now.
“If we don’t make changes in those realms, you’re left with blunter tools, and you don’t want to get to the blunter tools.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness