Isaac Alarcón: the Mexican who has signed with the Dallas Cowboys
Isaac Alarcón has taken to social media to announce that he has joined the Dallas Cowboys ahead of the 2020-21 season in the NFL.
The Dallas Cowboys are getting ready to start the 2020 season amid the coronavirus pandemic in the United States and players have been reporting to a training camp following strict health protocols. The Cowboys are part of an International Player Pathway Program so they invited offensive tackle Isaac Alarcón and three other international players that will not be eligible to be active during the 2020 season.
Alarcón takes to social media with news of Cowboys deal
By the end of training camp the Cowboys have decided to sign the entire 2020 draft class and these young players are ready to begin their NFL journeys. One of the players is the Mexican offensive lineman, who announced the news using his social media account.
The 6-foot-6, 320-pound offensive tackle played his first major league season in 2015 in Mexico with Borregos ITESM Monterrey after playing for the Eagles UANL High School. In 2016 Alarcón was part of the Mexican team that won the bronze medal at the Under-19 World Championship held in China.
Around 20 million NFL fans in Mexico
Mexico has an estimated 20 million NFL fans, the largest NFL fan base outside of the United States. American football has become Mexico’s second-most popular sport. Now, the country will have another Mexican native to cheer for in Alarcón.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live