O'Brien: Trump's National Security Adviser tests positive for Covid-19
According to a report by Bloomberg, Robert O’Brien contracted coronavirus at a family event and has self-quarantined at home as a precaution.
The administration of US President Donald Trump has reportedly been hit with another case of Covid-19 among the commander-in-chief’s staff with Bloomberg reporting that National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. According to the report by Bloomberg senior White House reporter Jennifer Jacobs, O’Brien was diagnosed after attending a family event and has been working from home quarantine since.
O’Brien is the most senior member of Trump’s White House to test positive for the virus since the first case was recorded on American soil in January.
Mike Pence's press secretary positive in May
NEWS: Robert O’Brien is the closest official to Trump to develop the coronavirus, sources tell me and @SalehaMohsin, as the pandemic continues to surge with infections and deaths on the rise in many U.S. states.https://t.co/0h8V0L3lmO— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) July 27, 2020
In May, Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary Katie Miller reportedly tested positive for Covid-19. Pence, who was at the time being tested daily, returned a negative result and continued to work at the White House.
At the same time Miller was diagnosed with Covid-19, it emerged one of Trump’s military valets had also tested positive, leading to an order for all White House staff members to wear face masks in the West Wing while the president also canceled a planned trip to Camp David as a precaution.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands