India issues Unlock 3.0 guidelines and lifts night curfew
New guidelines were announced by the Ministry of Home Affairs as the third phase of "Unlock India" gets underway amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) announced on Wednesday the third edition of "Unlock India" guidelines in compliance with the country's plan to lift restrictions gradually amid the fierce battle against Covid-19.
According to the recently-issued MHA rules, restrictive lockdown in containment zones will continue until 31 August, while night curfew has been abandoned, bringing an end to restrictions on the movement of individuals or goods at night. Inter-state and intra-state movement is now allowed without the requirement of permission, deployment letter, or e-permit.
Unlock India: Gyms and Yoga Centers to re-open
As per Unlock 3.0, gyms and yoga centers will be allowed to re-open as of 5 August, while the MHA has decided, following extended discussion with States and Union Territories, that schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain shut until the end of August.
Moreover, subway, rail services, amusement parks, cinemas and theaters will remain closed according to the new orders. Social, political, cultural, sports, religious, and entertainment activities will also remain prohibited, however, the government said that the dates of such services will be “decided separately based on the assessment of the situation”.
However, international air-travel is permitted in a very limited manner and under the Vande Bharat mission whose function is to send stranded people back to their homes.
The MHA has also advised "vulnerable" people over 65 years old and younger than 10 years old to stay at home and only go out for essential needs or in case of a medical emergency.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mbappé vs Bayern Munich Part 2: Champions League in numbers
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Transfer talk: Lingard attracts attention from Real Madrid, PSG, Inter...
- NBA Heat Check: Miles Bridges leads depleted Hornets, down week for Dame
- SERIE A "I can reach Haaland's level": Vlahovic's unstoppable rise
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos tests positive for Covid-19, Real Madrid confirms
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility