Chelsea, Inter and Atlético target Matthias Ginter staying at Borussia Mönchengladbach
While flattered by reports linking him to some of Europe's top clubs, Matthias Ginter has no desire to leave Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Matthias Ginter is set to stay with Börussia Monchengladbach despite reported interest from a number of Europe's top clubs. The Germany centre-back has been linked with Chelsea, Inter Milan and Atlético Madrid. However, after a 2019-20 season which saw Gladbach finish fourth in the Bundesliga and qualify for the Champions League, Ginter wants to help the Foals take the next step.
Glad to be back in Europe
"I'm definitely staying in Gladbach," the defender told Kicker magazine. "Of course I heard of the enquiries and was flattered by this attention, but I've said often enough how good things are for me in Gladbach. This team has huge potential. And the coach [Marco Rose] gives us a great deal of added value. With the amazing fans and surroundings here, this club is currently in the process of building something. I share these big ambitions and I also have a contract here."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win