Transfer talk: Coutinho close to Arsenal, Barça reach Ter Stegen agreement
Brazil international Philippe Coutinho is nearing a move from Barcelona to Arsenal, according to a report in the Catalan daily Sport.
Barcelona flop Philippe Coutinho appears to be closing in on a move to Arsenal.
The Brazil international has been on loan at Bayern Munich from Barç´a in 2019-20, but is expected to leave Camp Nou permanently, and a return to the Premier League has been mooted.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL DEAL FOR COUTINHO "ADVANCED"
A deal sending Coutinho to Arsenal from Barcelona is "more advanced", according to a report in the Catalonia-based newspaper Sport.
The former Liverpool star would head back to England less than three years after leaving Anfield. Coutinho has scored nine goals in 34 games for Bayern in 2019-20.
- There could be good news coming for Barcelona. Mundo Deportivo reports Marc-André ter Stegen has agreed to extend his deal at the club for five years, but there is still no financial agreement between the parties.
- Jerome Boateng's Bayern Munich future seems uncertain. Sport Bild reports the Bundesliga champions want to sell the defender, who would like to extend his contract beyond 2021.
- Are Liverpool looking for a back-up for Andy Robertson? The Athletic reports the Premier League champions value left-back Jamal Lewis at £10 million, but Norwich City will not even enter talks for less than £20m.
- Contracted at Manchester United until 2022, Tahith Chong could be heading elsewhere to gain experience. Sport Bild says Werder Bremen are in talks with United over a loan deal for the attacker.
- After losing the Championship play-off final, Brentford may also see a star depart. The Guardian reports Crystal Palace are battling with Aston Villa to sign Ollie Watkins, who scored 26 goals in 49 Championship games in 2019-20.