Juventus: Sarri sacked after Champions League exit
Juventus head coach Maurizio Sarri has been fired by the Serie A giants after Friday's elimination by Lyon in the last 16 of the Champions League.
Juventus head coach Maurizio Sarri has been sacked by the Bianconeri after one season in charge following their Champions League exit.
Last-16 exit to Lyon spells end for Sarri at Juventus
"Juventus Football Club announces that Maurizio Sarri has been relieved of his post as coach of the First Team," the club said in a statement on Saturday.
"The club would like to thank the coach for having written a new page in Juventus' history with the victory of the ninth-consecutive championship, the culmination of a personal journey that led him to climb all the divisions of Italian football."
Juve out of Champions League despite 2-1 second-leg win
Juventus, who sealed the Serie A title last month, were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16 on Friday, losing on away goals despite a 2-1 win over Olympique Lyonnais in the second leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops