Luis Fernando Tena: Chivas parts way with manager
Chivas lost on Saturday against Puebla. The team from Guadalajara has not scored a goal in three games of the current 2020 Guardianes tournament.
For the first time in history, Chivas has failed to score a goal in its first three games of a tournament. The team from Guadalajara lost on Saturday night against Puebla and has one out of a possible nine points in the 2020 Guardianes tournament.
Tena pays price for poor start to Guardianes tournament
After suffering two losses in a row, the bosses have decided that it is best to part ways with manager Luis Fernando Tena. The news broke early on Sunday morning and the club wanted to thank Tena and the rest of the coaching staff for their time in Chivas.
“We want to thank Luis Fernando Tena for what he did for Chivas during his time here. We will announce a new manager shortly that will take the team back to the top, because that is where the team needs to be,” read the statement.
Juárez clash up next for Chivas on 12 August
Chivas needs to find a replacement soon, because they visit Juárez on 12 August for the fourth week of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. After that game, Chivas will host Atlético San Luis and so far it has gone 270 minutes without scoring a goal, the worst start in its history.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates