PSG: Mbappé back in training ahead of Atalanta Champions League tie
The France international has given Thomas Tuchel a boost by returning to full training a few days away from the Champions League quarter-finals.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé has given the Ligue 1 side a boost ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta by returning to training ahead of schedule, raising the possibility that the France international could be fit to partner Neymar in attack when the sides meet on 12 August in Lisbon.
Mbappé was forced off with an ankle injury during the Coupe de France final on 24 July and has been unable to train fully since then. PSG coach Thomas Tuchel said recently that it would require “a miracle” for Mbappé to be fit for Atalanta but on Sunday he returned to group training after working alone with the ball a day earlier.
Mbappé winning Atalanta fitness race
It remains to be seen if Mbappé passes a fitness test ahead of the quarter-finals, or if Tuchel will risk him under the circumstances, but L’Equipe reported that after warming up on Sunday the France forward was able to take part in group passing exercises and showed no ill-effects from the injury sustained 16 days ago.
Mbappé completed the session with no problems arising from his right ankle and worked with PSG’s fitness coaches, giving Tuchel hope that he may be available to play some part against the free-scoring Serie A side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente