Barcelona confirm Umtiti postive for Covid-19
The French international becomes the second player from Barcelona's first team squad to be confirmed as coronavirus positive this week.
Barcelona has confirmed that first team player Samuel Umtiti has tested positive for coronavirus.
Umtiti, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, did not travel with the squad to Lisbon for the Champions League mini-tournament, where Barcelona are set to play Bayern Munich this evening, with kick off at 21:00 CEST (you can follow the game with us here at AS).
“After the PCR tests carried out on Thursday the first team player Samuel Umtiti has tested positive for Covid-19. The players is asymptomatic, is in good health and is isolating at home,” Barcelona said in a statement.
“The Club has informed the relevant sporting and health authorities as well as tracing all the people who have had contact with the player so that they can undergo the corresponding PCR tests.”
Barcelona confirm two cases this week
Umtiti is the second Barcelona player to be confirmed as coronavirus positive this week after the club announced that Jean-Clair Todibo had tested positive for the virus and been placed under quarantine. Todibo was also not part of the Lisbon travelling squad.
A third player, Carles Aleñá, is also in quarantine and will undergo a PCR test in the next few days after he had come into close contract with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19. If the 22-year-old midfielder tests negative, he will be able to join the pre-season training sessions with the rest of the squad members that have not travelled to Lisbon.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series