"Shame": Piqué says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
After Barcelona's humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter finals, Gerard Piqué said the club needs “changes at all levels.”
“Shame” was the first word that came to the mind of Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué after after his side suffered a humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League on Friday in Portugal.
The veteran defender played the entire game but there was little he could do to stop the Bayern onlsaught, which was made even worse when Barcelona loanee Philippe Countinho netted a brace at the end of the game to add insult to what was already a horrific injury.
A dejected Gerard Piqué describes his feelings around the club following the match and what needs to happen on and off the pitch. pic.twitter.com/cNiGwbeR5Q— Champions League on CBS Sports (@UCLonCBSSports) August 14, 2020
“Shameful is the word, nobody is untouchable. If new blood has to come and change this dynamic, I will be the first to pack up and leave. Now we have hit rock bottom. This is not the first, second, or third time that this has happened to us. I am in pain, we all are. We can’t compete like that, the club needs changes, not just players, I don’t want to point out anyone,” he said after the game.
Piqué: Time for reflection at Barcelona
“We all need to reflect deeply. If new blood needs to come for the club to change course then I will be the first one to leave if that is what it is best for the team. We need to reflect on what is the best thing for the club and for Barça,” Piqué added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?