7 Covid-19 positive cases among Ghana women's national teams
Ghana Football Association (GFA) has confirmed that seven players of the women's national teams (U-20 women’s team) and Black Maidens (U-17 women’s team) have tested positive.
The Ghanaian football association has announced that seven players from the U-20 and U-17 women's national teams have tested positive for Covid-19 at the camp, which started on Friday in preparation for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers.
61 players have been called up for the camp that is held in Cape Coast, while the seven infected players are currently isolated and receiving treatment, according to the Ghanaian association.
GFA Communications Director Henry Asante Twum confirmed the news about the players having contracted the infection before adding, “We should not be worried because the players are fine.
“They are currently in isolation and for now the only thing we can do is to wait for the final report after their mandatory quarantine."
Follow all the latest coronavirus-related news in Africa via our dedicated live blog
The U-20 team's first-round qualifier against Guinea-Bissau has been postponed by CAF due to the coronavirus spread. The Black Princesses were set to play the first leg in Guinea-Bissau on 4 September with the second leg scheduled for 11 September in Ghana.
As for the U-17 team's qualifiers, CAF hasn't released any updates and matches are expected to get underway in October, with the Ghanaian team set to face Nigeria in the next round.
Ghana has so far reported 42,653 confirmed cases since the pandemic started, 40,567 recoveries, and 239 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return