Unemployment benefits: what states have approved extra $300 weekly?
There are 13 states across the US that have now approved an extra $300 a week in unemployment benefits that had expired on 31 July.
The weekly $600 in unemployment benefits expired on 31 July and since then millions of Americans have been wondering if there would be either an extension or additional help amid the coronavirus pandemic. Congress failed to reach an agreement about a fifth stimulus relief package causing further delay, potentially until after Labor Day weekend.
While we await a definitive package, 13 states have officially given approval to give an extra $300 a week in unemployment benefits. Kentucky was the most recent to approve this weekly payment and they will distribute $44 billion in total funding according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
States that are extending the unemployment benefits
Popular related articles:
The states that will give an extra $300 a week in unemployment benefits are: Arizona, Colorado, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Utah. Governors in 10 other states are currently debating whether they will give extra aid in unemployment benefits.
It is important to note that not all unemployed Americans are eligible for this help. People getting less than $100 a week in benefits will not be eligible to receive the extra $300. There are more than 28 million people that are depending on these benefits as they strugge financially amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?