LA Galaxy eyeing Mario Balotelli
According to Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, LA Galaxy are considering signing Mario Balotelli to strengthen their attack.
LA Galaxy got off to a flying start with the resumption of the 2020 MLS season after defeating LAFC 2-0 at the Banc of California stadium last weekend. And the Galaxy managed to do without superstar Javier Hernández, who is still recovering from an injury suffered during the MLS is Back tournament.
In a bid to strengthen their attack, the Los Angeles franchise are reportedly considering signing Mario Balotelli following his departure from Brescia, where the 30-year-old Italian spent the entire 2019/2020 season, scoring 5 goals in 19 Serie A games.
Balotelli: a career of ups and downs
Balotelli has been a controversial figure at all eight clubs he has played at since he debuted with Inter Milan back in 2007. His career picked up in the 2016/17 season with Nice, for whom he scored 15 goals in 23 appearances.
Mario Balotelli's options after leaving Brescia are LA Galaxy or Besiktas, according to Corriere dello Sport. pic.twitter.com/4Pcqq0kMeD— Goal (@goal) August 24, 2020
For the 2020 season the LA Galaxy already have their three Designated Players with Cristian Pavon, Jonathan dos Santos and ‘Chicharito’ Hernández filling up the slots. So if the Italian striker joins the MLS side, they will have to offer him a similar deal to what they offered Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he first arrived.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22